¶ 1 Leave a comment on paragraph 1 0 We will start our semester off by learning a little about who we will be sharing space, time, and discussion with this semester. This initial assignment will also give you a chance to get familiar with our class website.
¶ 2 Leave a comment on paragraph 2 0 By the end of the first week of classes, introduce yourself to by writing a reflection on your background, commitments, and interests in feminist knowledge production. In other words: What brings you to this classroom, and what will you be bringing to our discussions?
Leave a comment on paragraph 3 0
Cover as many of these areas as make sense for you:
– the disciplinary training you have received and its relationship to feminist, queer, and critical race analysis
– the commitments and contexts of your scholarly projects and plans
– the communities to which you are accountable outside of academia
– the scholarly and other publics with which you hope to engage
– the questions, challenges, and critiques that concern you with regard to feminist academia
– the issues, texts, ideas you are most interested to discuss this semester
– anything you would like your classmates and professor to bear in mind as our semester begins.
¶ 5 Leave a comment on paragraph 5 0 Write around 500 words. Click here to post; make sure to select “Category > introductory reflection.” By default, these posts are visible only to members of the class who are logged in. If you would like to make your post public, you can change this in the “Access” panel on the posting page.